WHAT CAN I DO TO PREVENT SLIPS, TRIPS, AND FALLS?
- Wear appropriate slip-resistant shoes.
- Slow down to negotiate turns, corners, obstacles, and areas of limited visibility.
- Keep workspace and walkways clean, clear, and well tit for your visitors.
- Clean up wet areas and immediately
- Make sure signs warn others of the danger of wet surfaces when mopping.
- Use caution in areas when wet floors are likely: entrances, restrooms, and mopped floors.
PARKING LOT AND GROUNDS
- Stay for uneven surfaces
- Watch for curbs and potholes when moving between vehicles.
- Assume there is ice if the temperature is close to freezing; slow down and take short strides.
- Take only one step a time
- Keep one hand free to grasp the handrail
- Limit your load and make sure your vision is not obstructed.
- Do not allow electrical cords or other objects to extend across a walkway.
- Tie up any cords that might pose a trip hazard
- Tape down or secure cords temporarily located in traffic areas.
- Stand on a ladder instead of a chair, table, bucket, or box
- Use the correct ladder for the job
- Never step on the top platform of any ladder, including a stepladder.
To know more about: click here